Guerilla’s New IP Seems to have a Sci-Fi/Fantasy Theme – New Job Listing Reveals Details
Guerilla Games are working on an open world Sci-fi RPG for the Playstation 4 for some time now. No information has been shared regarding the game so far, but a new job listing, reveals a few details of what the team aims to achieve in their new game. The project is said to have the working title 'Horizon', and judging from the leaked image below, the game will feature an interesting Sci-Fi/Fantasy theme.
The development team is looking for an Animation Systems Programmer, who will be able to "improve and extend the animation technology" of Guerrilla Games. Certain other aspects like character movement, character interaction with the environment, facial animation and in-game cut scenes, seem to be of importance.
Here's how the job description reads:
Guerrilla is looking for an Animation Systems Programmer to improve and extend the animation technology used in our upcoming titles. As the successful candidate, you will work together with other programmers, animators, riggers and designers to enhance our titles in areas like character movement, character interaction with the environment, hit responses, facial animation, procedural animation and in-game cut scenes. In addition, you will be responsible for optimizing the performance of our animation technology.
We want to hear from you if:
- You're articulate, have strong written and verbal communication skills and a good command of the English language.
- You have a helpful, solution-oriented attitude.
- You are ambitious and not afraid to try something new.
- You are an experienced C++ programmer.
- You have experience with (skeletal-) animation systems.
- You have a passion for making games.
We especially want to hear from you if:
- You have experience with NaturalMotion Morpheme.
- You have a strong mathematical background.
- You have experience with animation software like Maya or MotionBuilder.
Guerilla Games could be creating something truly exciting, and It's very probable that a reveal could be coming at Sony's presentation at E3 2015, in June. The leaked image does indicate a very interesting setting, and I do hope that we get to see at E3.
We will bring you any new information on Guerilla Games and their 'Horizon' Project, as soon as it becomes available.