PUBG PC update 1 is being deployed today and we’ve got the patch’s release notes.
To roll out the new update, and to performance maintenance, servers will be taken offline for approximately two hours. The patch aims to improve server performance, but according to the PUBG development team, there are several causes that lead to in-game lag and character position readjustment issues.
“Creating a smooth playing environment to allow our players to fully enjoy Battle Royale was one of our top priorities for PC 1.0 launch”, the developer writes. “However, a multitude of causes have triggered the in-game lag issue to become worse or happen more frequently in the last few weeks. In the process, we were not able to implement the measures to visibly address the issue more quickly.”
“Contrary to most expectations, there is a combination of causes that lead to the in-game lag and character position readjustment issues. The issues cannot be attributed to one or two causes and have stemmed from a combination of different factors which is why we need to continuously work on resolving and investigating the problem. We upgraded our game engine to the latest version and made changes to the game when we added new content. The problem resulted from these changes as well as several other causes.”
We’ve included the patch notes for PC update 1 down below:
Changed the map selection ratio to be equal for Erangel and Miramar.
- Adjusted replay system so that players can only view game replays from 3 minutes after death.
- This is to prevent sharing opponent’s positions to surviving teammates immediately after death.
- Fixed the issue where some buildings and objects were not marked on the Miramar world map.
- Reduced occurrences of the issue where replays occasionally crashed back to the lobby screen.
- On restarting a replay, it will continue where last viewed.
- Fixed the issue where the beginning of the Death Cam and replay was missing.
- Fixed the issue where players couldn’t earn BP.
- We will update with a compensation plan soon.
- Fixed the issue where players could die unexpectedly from fall damage.
- Fixed the issue where bullets couldn’t penetrate particular fences from both sides.
PUBG is available now for both PC and Xbox One.