NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series Receives Price Drop By Major UK Based Retailer – Custom RTX 2060 Down To £299, RTX 2070 For £419 and RTX 2080 for £599
NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 20 series line of graphics cards have received a price drop by one of the largest retailers in the UK. The entire RTX graphics range has received the price drop which is awesome news for those who were planning to get the graphics card and based in the UK.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 Series Graphics Cards Receive Price Drop By Major UK Based Retailer
The retailer in question is OCUK (OverclockersUK) who are offering these price drops on various RTX 20 series graphics cards from AIBs. The cards include the GeForce RTX 2060, GeForce RTX 2070, GeForce RTX 2080 and the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. All of these graphics cards are part of the Turing based GeForce RTX lineup which according to NVIDIA have sold 45% more than Pascal in its first eight weeks of revenue.
There are some really good deals on the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 20 series cards such as the RTX 2060 which can be bought for as low as £299.99 or £30 cheaper than what it was originally being sold for. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 is listed for as low as £419.99 which is also a £30 drop in price. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 is down to £599.99 which is a £60 drop in price compared to what it was selling at previously. Finally, there’s the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti which is down to £979.99 from £998.99 so not a huge drop on the flagship card but still a decent one. Following are some of the deals mentioned over at OCUK:
- Asus GeForce RTX 2060 Phoenix @ £299.99 inc VAT (was £329.99)
- Palit GeForce RTX 2060 StormX @ £299.99 inc VAT (was £319.99)
- Zotac GeForce RTX 2070 Mini @ £419.99 inc VAT (was £449.99)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 Black Edition @ £458.99 inc VAT (was £509.99)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 XC @ £449.99 inc VAT (was £518.99)
- Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Gaming OC @ £499.99 inc VAT (was £529.99)
- MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ventus @ £599.99 inc VAT (was £659.99)
- Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Dual @ £649.99 inc VAT
- MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ventus OC @ £629.99 inc VAT
- Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Dual @ £979.99 inc VAT (was £998.99)
- Palit GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming Pro OC @ £1,049.99 inc VAT (was £1099.99)
- MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio @ £1,199.99 inc VAT (was £1289.99)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Black Edition @ £1,049.99 inc VAT (was £1099.99)
- Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG Strix OC @ £1,249.99 inc VAT (was £1499.99)
- EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming @ £1,399.99 inc VAT
- Inno3D GeForce RTX 2080 Ti iChill Black Hybrid @ £1,399.99 inc VAT (was £1499.99)
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 and RTX 2080 Ti are also bundled with three AAA titles which are part of the RTX Triple Threat promotional Bundle. These titles include Anthem, Battlefield V and Metro Exodus. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 and GeForce RTX 2060 buyers can select from two of the three mentioned titles which is still $120 US worth of value. NVIDIA’s 20 series graphics cards have seen some major price hikes compared to previous generation parts from the same segment.
While NVIDIA managed to earn more revenue in the first 8 weeks from Turing, it was mainly due to an increase in prices for each respective generation even if the actual sales of these cards were lower than expected, as confirmed by NVIDIA themselves in their last earnings report. You can see the price variations between each segment of GeForce cards per generation in the table below.
NVIDIA GeForce GPU Segment/Tier Prices
|Titan Tier||Titan X (Maxwell)||Titan X (Pascal)||Titan Xp (Pascal)||Titan V (Volta)||Titan RTX (Turing)|
|Price||$999 US||$1199 US||$1199 US||$2999 US||$2499 US|
|Ultra Enthusiast Tier||GeForce GTX 980 Ti||GeForce GTX 980 Ti||GeForce GTX 1080 Ti||GeForce RTX 2080 Ti||GeForce RTX 2080 Ti|
|Price||$649 US||$649 US||$699 US||$999 US||$999 US|
|Enthusiast Tier||GeForce GTX 980||GeForce GTX 1080||GeForce GTX 1080||GeForce RTX 2080||GeForce RTX 2080|
|Price||$549 US||$549 US||$549 US||$699 US||$699 US|
|High-End Tier||GeForce GTX 970||GeForce GTX 1070||GeForce GTX 1070||GeForce RTX 2070||GeForce RTX 2070|
|Price||$329 US||$379 US||$379 US||$499 US||$499 US|
|Mainstream Tier||GeForce GTX 960||GeForce GTX 1060||GeForce GTX 1060||GeForce GTX 1060||GeForce RTX 2060
GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
GeForce GTX 1660
|Price||$199 US||$249 US||$249 US||$249 US||$349 US
|Entry Tier||GTX 750 Ti
|GTX 950||GTX 1050 Ti
|GTX 1050 Ti
|$149 US||$139 US
While these price drops are not officially from NVIDIA, they are still beneficial for those who were planning to get their hands on the new RTX graphic cards and the RTX bundle promotion makes it even more enticing.