Lightweight, Bloatware-Free & Full of Unicorns – Here’s the Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7
Looking for a stable custom ROM to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat? Today's featured custom ROM brings your Samsung Galaxy S7 up to the Android 7.1.1 Nougat thanks to the AOKP ROM. Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) is popular for being lightweight and free of bloatware. The AOKP ROM makers also pride themselves in bringing to you some of the coolest features (they equate these to unicorns!).
"You can change almost each and every aspect of the OS, from its looks to the way it functions, with total freedom," they write. "And did we tell you, AOKP helps you make tacos?" Okay, sure... Coming back to our post, here are all the links and steps to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat AOKP ROM.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.1 AOKP ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP (developer preferred).
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: For the complete changelog, bugs, links for your Galaxy S7 model, more details, and support, visit the XDA thread.
How to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.1 Nougat AOKP ROM
- Connect your Galaxy S7 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip and locate the AOKP custom firmware. Confirm the installation process.
- Repeat the above step to install GApps.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Don't forget to share your experience with the lightweight and stable AOKP Android Nougat ROM for Galaxy S7. Is it all that it promises to be? The developer certainly thinks so!