Featured ROM: Say Hello to More Performance, Battery Life & Improved Booting Speed
Are you finding your Sony Xperia Z5 a little too old, too slow? Get it the ROM experience it deserves! Thanks to our readers we keep learning about some awesome custom ROMs not only in terms of features but also stability and speed. Today's featured ROM is the RXSW Android ROM for Xperia Z5 that promises to bring all the latest and amazing features from XZ. It also promises to fix the battery troubles that the official update had brought to the Sony Xperia Z5.
Follow this guide for a super long list of features (and the lack of unnecessary junk!) along with steps and links to flash this custom ROM for Xperia Z5.
RXSW Moonbreakers Edition Custom ROM for Xperia Z5 features:
- Optimized for Z5 Single/Z5 Dual and Z5 Premium Single/Z5 Premium Dual Variants
- Stable like Stock Sony ROM
- Apps updated to latest Version
- Patched services.jar [Superuser Mod]
- Disabled Mobile Data disabled Notification
- Tuned Interactive Governor
- Tuned Thermal Engine
- More free internal space
- RAM Management optimized
- SD Card Speed optimized
- Improved Camera Quality
- FSTRIM on every Boot for best Performance
- Booting Speed improved
- Battery Life improved
- Performance increased
- Latest busybox preinstalled
- SD Card Read/Write Permissions
- Init.d enabled by default
- sqlite3 support
- Camera & Movie Creator Apps Addon
- Filesize is only 900mb without Functionality lost
Xperia XZ Apps & Features
- Themes, Wallpapers & Bootanimation
- Photo Slideshow
- Photo Widget
- Theme Picker
- Wallpaper Picker
- Backup & Restore
- Photo Editor
- Top Contact Widget
- Camera UI
- AR Effect
- Movie Creator
- Sound Photo Camera
- Style Potrait
- Stock Kernel
- DRM Patch/Fix
- TWRP v3.0.2-0
- SuperSU v2.78 SR1
- RIC off
- dm-verity off
Disclaimer: Wccftech will not be responsible for any mishaps that may happen during or after the process. Flashing a custom ROM also voids manufacturer warranty. You can learn more about this custom ROM for Xperia Z5 and find support in this XDA thread.
Prerequisites to flash Android ROM for Xperia Z5
- Backup any important data from your Sony Xperia Z5 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Make sure ADB and Fastboot is configured on your PC.
- Sony Xperia Z5 must be rooted with unlocked bootloader and installed with a recovery tool.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% power.
How to flash RXSW ROM for Xperia Z5
Required files: download Android ROM for Xperia Z5 and save it on your computer. Extract boot.img file.
- Connect your Xperia Z5 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone memory's root folder.
- Copy the boot.img file to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory.
- Switch off your Xperia Z5 and enter Bootloader mode: press and hold the Volume Up button while connecting the phone with a USB cable. Phone LED will turn blue indicating the Bootloader mode.
- Once in the Fastboot mode, on your PC, navigate to android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open Command Prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt.
- Run the following commands:
- fastboot flash boot boot.img - press Enter.
- fastboot reboot - press Enter.
- Enter in the Recovery Mode: switch on the phone while pressing the Volume Up button a few times.
- Wipe data task: from the recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. [Exact terms may differ. For example, in TWRP, you will required to perform wipe > Swipe to factory reset]
- From the recovery menu, select install followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Xperia XZ custom ROM for Xperia Z5 and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Xperia Z5 into the new custom ROM.
- First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Note: If you get into bootloop, perform the wipe cache/dalvik operation.
Correction: An earlier version of this post carried an error mentioning the ROM being based on Nougat.