Flash Stable Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge G925F
Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 edge have received the official Android Marshmallow updates. However, if you are looking to flash a stable Galaxy S6 edge custom ROM on your device, an Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based custom ROM is going popular among users. Follow this guide for all the download files and steps to flash DeathNote Android 5.1.1 Galaxy S6 edge custom ROM.
Prerequisites to flash Galaxy S6 edge custom ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S6 Edge to DeathNote Android 5.1.1:
Required files: download the DeathNote Android 5.1.1 custom firmware for Galaxy S6 edge G925F and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download Google Apps Package.
- Connect your Galaxy S6 Edge to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S6 edge.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup backup> and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 edge G925F into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter