Flash Galaxy S7 Edge Ported ROM on Samsung Galaxy S6 – How to
If you have been looking forward to enjoying some flavors of Samsung's latest Galaxy S7 edge, but can't let your Galaxy S6 go, developers have created a solution just for you. Noble ROM is a Galaxy S7 edge ported custom firmware that brings everything-S7 right on your Samsung Galaxy S6. Several user and developer reports confirm that the Galaxy S7 edge ROM is stable and lag-free and can be used as a daily driver.
Noble ROM - port of official Galaxy S7 firmware
- Based on new official G935FXXU1APB9
- Stock odex framework S7 Edge
- Fast ROM boot
- Tweaks for battery life
- Pre-rooted SuperSU 2.70
- Various Tweak CSC & Build prop
- Floating Message
- Add Advanced Power Menu
Prerequisites to install Galaxy S7 edge ROM on Galaxy S6
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S6 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S6 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: this tutorial is focused on Samsung Galaxy S6 model SM-G920F; please do not use this firmware file on other Android & Samsung devices. The firmware is also available for G925F which you can download from the XDA thread shared at the end of this post.
How to install Galaxy S7 edge ROM on Galaxy S6
- Connect your Galaxy S6 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your smartphone.
- Boot into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Noble custom ROM for Galaxy S6 and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S6 into the new custom ROM.
You can now enjoy the ported Samsung Galaxy S7 edge stock Android firmware on your Galaxy S6. Don't forget to share your experience with us.
For more details and updates, please visit this XDA thread.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter