Featured ROM: Get Everything-S8 on Your Galaxy S7 and S7 edge with this ROM
If you are someone like me who doesn’t believe in changing your phone every year just to “keep up,” it could be hard to see everyone enjoying the latest features and trendy looks while you are stuck with your old devices. Samsung’s Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge were two of the best products Samsung has ever released. While many believe Galaxy S8 is even better, there is a huge portion of Samsung fanbase that doesn’t believe if Galaxy S8 warrants an upgrade from Galaxy S7 or S7 edge. But, what about those S8 software features and looks? Well, why not to get a Galaxy S7 ROM that offers the same features?
Thanks to Tkkg1994, we now have a new Galaxy S7 ROM based “on the latest and greatest software of the S8+” according to the developer. “I was able to make a full port of the S8 (with almost all libs being S8) and I also made a backport of the latest Mali GPU driver (if you install this rom, you will be one of the first to be have a ported Mali GPU!),” the developer claims. In for something new and exciting? Here are all the features, download links and steps to update your Galaxy S7 and S7 edge to this S8-based custom firmware.
BatmanROM Galaxy S7 ROM features
– Based on latest G955FXXU1AQF7 Nougat base
– Prerooted with SuperSU V2.82 SR1, Phh root r310 or MagiskSU (choose in aroma)
– Magisk V13.1 (aroma selectable)
– Latest Busybox installed (aroma selectable)
– Aroma installer! with support up to 4GB zip files
– CSC features can be choosen and installed in aroma (such as Applock, Floating Message, Call recording and more!)
– Adblocker enabled or disabled (choose in aroma)
– Viper4Android included (choose in aroma, works only with custom kernel)
– VIper4A with magisk support (choose in aroma, works only with custom kernel)
– DAP sound mod included (choose in aroma, works only with custom kernel)
– Full rom control!! App name is BatMan Settings Free
– Fully deodexed (also framework)
– Rom informations and logo inside settings
– LED indicator settings
– choose IOS or stock emojis in aroma
– DM-Verity disabled
– Force encrypt disabled
– ADB fully working
– Modded SystemUI with many tweaks in RomControl (like header colors, qs colors and notificationcolors)
– 3Minit Clock/battery in romcontrol
– Custom clock positions and customizations in romcontrol
– USB Plug/Unplug disable wake up
– Remove high volume warning for headphones
– Torch on lockscreen
– Use volume key on lockscreen to switch music titles
– Knox stuff can be choosen in aroma
– Back to kill (in RomControl)
– Stock AQF7 Kernel or BatStock-Kernel(choose in aroma)
– Based off from latest touchwiz source available at this moment
– Many apps are selectable in aroma debloat menu
– Selinux permissive on custom kernel
– Ram bar in recents
– Matrix animation in recents
– Sound Mod with lot improvements! (choose in aroma)
Prerequisites to flash BatmanROM Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7 ROM
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S7 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP (developer preferred).
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
Note: For the complete changelog, bugs, links for your Galaxy S7 model, more details, and support, visit the XDA thread.
How to install BatmanROM Android 7.0 Nougat Galaxy S7 ROM
Required files: download BatmanROM Nougat for Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F (for other variants, go to the above thread) and save it on your computer. Do not extract contents.
- Connect your Galaxy S7 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S7.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform wipe data tasks: from recovery menu, select wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
- From the recovery menu, select install zip and locate the BatmanROM custom firmware. Confirm the installation process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S7 into the new custom ROM. First boot may take a few minutes.
Don’t forget to share your experience with BatmanROM Android Nougat for Galaxy S7. Is it all that it promises to be? The developer certainly thinks so! We’d also love to hear about your favorite Galaxy S7 custom ROMs.