Slow Ring Insiders Are Finally Receiving Their First Windows 10 Creators Build of 2017
Just a week after releasing to Windows Insiders on the Fast ring, Windows 10 Creators Update Preview build 15048 is now rolling out to Slow ring Insiders on PC.
While Microsoft has released a number of Preview builds to the Fast ring, this is the first build that is making its way to the Slow ring since Windows 10 Insider build 14986 that was released in December 2016. For Slow ring PC Insiders, today's build brings several new features and improvements to catch up with.
Windows 10 Insider PC Preview build 15048 out for Slow ring
As noted in its original release, Windows 10 Preview build 15048 doesn't bring any new features, focusing entirely on offering bug fixes. However, Windows 10 Creators Update has received a huge number of new features, feature modifications and improvements since December. Some of the most-hyped features came along with the new year, including the highly popular Game Mode, a "Pick Up Where You Left Off" feature that works like Apple's Hand-Off, Night Light, Picture in Picture mode, along with various Edge and Cortana improvements.
Can't wait? Windows Insiders in the Slow ring can now head over to Settings to Check for Updates and download and install the latest Creators Update Preview build 15048.
Following are the fixes that the build brought in last week.
- We fixed the issue where some UWP apps may unexpectedly appear with their app package name in the title bar as opposed to the app name. A lot of you sent us screenshots of this in the Feedback Hub and we were able to debug the issue quickly. Thank you!.
- [GAMING] We fixed the issue where some popular games might minimize to the taskbar when launched.
- We fixed an issue where copy and pasting URLs to and from the Microsoft Edge address bar with spaces wouldn’t convert spaces into %20.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the LastPass extension for Microsoft Edge sometimes unexpectedly failing to show its autofill buttons on recent builds.
- We fixed a recent issue resulting in unexpected characters sometimes being pasted when pasting into certain websites using Microsoft Edge.
- We fixed an issue where using the mouse wheel to scrolling in Microsoft Edge might not work if the window was made smaller or moved to a different monitor.
- We adjusted Microsoft Edge’s “Find on page” logic so that now as you go through the results the webpage should scroll so the found text is more central on the page.
- We fixed an issue for those flighting recent builds on laptops, changing brightness would stop working after the first time the laptop lid had been closed and reopened when the “Lid Close Action” power policy was set to “Do nothing”.
- We fixed an issue that could result in not being able to type into search boxes in certain UWP apps.
- We fixed an issue resulting in clicked Cortana search results not opening when typing using the MS Pinyin IME.
- We fixed an issue where cross device notifications from a particular phone might unexpectedly appear in two separate groups in the Action Center.
- We fixed an issue resulting in emails from Outlook 2016 not opening in the foreground after tapping on the corresponding notification.
To learn about more builds and their changelogs to catch up with all the releases in the last two months, check out this link. Don't forget to read the changelog of Creators Update build 15019, which was one of the biggest Preview builds from Microsoft. We will also update this post as Microsoft shares the official chaneglog for Windows 10 Preview build 15048 for Slow ring.