macOS Big Sur 11.4 Final Version Released, Includes Podcast Subscriptions, Loads of Bug Fixes
Mac users can download macOS Big Sur 11.4 final over the air right away. The update includes Podcast subscription support and bug fixes.
Apple's macOS Big Sur 11.4 Arrives in Time with Support for Podcast Subscriptions and More
At this point, it is fairly obvious that the new updates released today have one thing in common - Podcast subscription support. So, when it comes to macOS Big Sur 11.4, things are not different at all. This update packs the aforementioned update and goes further to fix a lot of bugs.
Everything New in macOS Big Sur 11.4
You can read about all the changes below:
- Apple Podcasts subscriptions are available for purchase via monthly and annual subscriptions
- Channels group together collections of shows from podcast creators
This release also fixes the following issues:
- Bookmarks in Safari may get reordered or moved into a folder that can appear hidden
- Certain websites may not display correctly after your Mac wakes from sleep
- Keywords may not be included when exporting a photo from the Photos app
- Preview may become unresponsive when searching PDF documents
- 16-inch MacBook may become unresponsive when playing Civilization VI
In order to download the latest macOS Big Sur 11.4 update, follow the steps outlined below. These steps apply to both Intel and M1 Macs:
- Launch System Preferences
- Click on Software Update
- Install the available system update from here
It is best that you save your work before you go ahead with this. Your Mac will restart several times during the entire installation process.
If you like, you may go ahead and clean install the update from scratch if you have an Intel Mac. For more details, check out the tutorial below:
You can grab the macOS Big Sur update from the Mac App Store as well:
Those with an M1 Mac can follow the tutorial posted here:
While you are here, check out the following: