Kingdom Come: Deliverance Gets 1.9 Patch with Performance Improvements; New DLC and Royal Edition Out, Too
Kingdom Come: Deliverance received a slew of updates today. First of all, the last DLC 'A Woman's Lot' is now available alongside the Royal Edition, which includes the base game and all of the previously released DLCs for $40. In A Woman's Lot players will experience two questlines, the first one with Theresa as the main character accompanied by her dog Tinker and the second one featuring Henry as he tries to help Johanka from the Sasau Monastery.
Additionally, patch 1.9 was deployed on PC (Steam) for every owner of Kingdom Come: Deliverance. Performance has been improved in various areas according to the developers and there are some brand new features added to Kingdom Come: Deliverance, too. Check out the changelog below.
- All tutorials now have improved formatting.
- All tutorials were rewritten with an emphasis on clarity.
- Added some new tutorials.
- First combat tutorial with Bernard improved.
- Bernard now has his own map icon when ready to train Henry outside quests.
- Many confusing situations during the first hours of gameplay improved.
- We improved the environment and NPC positions for most of the events.
- Added better fast travel description to every event type.
- Player's position now makes much more sense when pulled out of fast travel by an event.
- No event should catch the player again immediately after a successful evasion.
- Events were re-labeled. Traps and ambushes are no longer revealed to the player by the label. We apologize to all honest bandits in Rattay.
- You can now continue to date Theresa after "the act" (ahem).
- Be careful though, Theresa has a mind of her own and can even dump you...
- But if she likes you, she can help you in your endeavors.
- After the download of any new patch, all installed mods will be disabled and moved to a specific folder; the player will be notified by overlay in the main menu. We highly recommend only installing mods that have been updated to match the current game version.
- The game now handles installing and uninstalling mods containing new NPCs, items, perks and buffs much better. This should solve many corrupted saves.
- The game now visually marks any save that is modded or was created from a playthrough using mods. We can't guarantee stability on these saves.
- We didn't want to leave bandits and Cumans without pets, so we gave them dogs as well. Unfortunately, the dogs adopted their masters' aggression and will attack Henry on sight…
- Players can now switch to simplified lockpicking for gamepad in-game settings.
- Changes made to enemies' perception to improve stealth experience.
- Many NPCs will now take cover from the rain under roofs or trees.
- Item categories added to horse inventory.
- Guards now confiscate stolen items dropped near Henry when frisking him.
- Dogs will now fall asleep after eating food with sleeping potion.
- New first-person dialog camera added.
- The first quest for every DLC now has a custom map icon.
- Shooting on the move should be more precise now. The arrow was previously shot before the animation completely ended.
- Merchants now have correct purchase prices corresponding to their trade.
- The amount of Groschen on NPCs is now more accurately adjusted to their profession.
- Changing graphics settings is much faster now.
- We solved many performance peaks to optimize the game. Framerate should be more consistent now.
- Framerate in battles slightly improved by adjusting visual settings.
- We slightly improved framerate in the most demanding locations by removing some light sources.
- Graphical settings adjusted. Lower settings should look the same and run slightly faster. Higher settings should run the same and look slightly better.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter