2014 iPad Air and iPad Mini will have Touch ID Sensors – Supplier Confirmation
iPad Mini 2 and 2nd-gen iPad Air Touch ID sensors:
Latest industry reports reveal that Apple is opting for integrating its fingerprint sensors in upcoming models of 2014 iPad Air and iPad Mini too along with the flagship iPhone 6. Apple's core component supplier TSMC is set to ship out the iPad Mini and iPad Air Touch ID sensors.
Apple's Touch ID sensor was one of the major feature advertised for iPhone 5s last year. Following the increased focus on improved net security, users are now looking forward to biometrics technology. Even though the first iteration of both the major tech corporation, Apple and Samsung, has somewhat failed with faux-prints able to hack the devices, it is only just the start.
Apple is highly expected to launch this major selling point with upcoming tablets too. Second generation iPad Air Touch ID sensors along with iPad Mini Retina 2 fingerprint sensors will be supplied by TSMC. Reportedly, Apple has contracted with TSMC subsidiaries Xintec and Suzhou Crystal Semiconductor to produce sensors in required amount.
Once uniformed throughout the iOS series, Apple is expected to increase the features foray for Touch ID sensors too as it has very limited utility in its current form in iPhone 5s.
Top iOS and Android posts this week:
- 5.5″ iPhone Sapphire Panel Costing Apple $280 – Only 10 Million Units will be Produced
- Images: Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, LG G2, Apple iPhone 5s, Xperia Z1, Nexus 5 Camera Comparison
- Samsung has Detected Galaxy S5 Camera Failure Bug – Exchange Offered!
- Following the Rumors of Curved iPhone 6, Here Comes the First Mockup!
- Gems Hidden in Samsung Galaxy S5 In-House ISOCELL Sensor
- New Leaked Images of Premium Samsung Galaxy S5 – Launching in June!
- 2014 iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina to Get Touch ID, A8 Processor, and an 8MP Camera
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter