iOS 8 Jailbreak Updates and Possibilities
This week, Apple released the very latest iOS 8 beta 1 to developers after showcasing the brand new OS at the keynote event of WWDC 2014. These past three days should be enough for developers to see if iOS 8 jailbreak is possible or not. Here are some updates for this matter.
iOS 8 jailbreak updates:
One of the popular lot of the jailbreaking community has responded to the latest update and its jailbreakingstatus. Stefan Essar aka i0n1c who is a security research and hacker had successfully jailbroken iOS 7.1.1 as we shared the news with you a couple weeks back.
Essar tweeted earlier that Apple hasn't patched any of the exploits that he used to jailbreak iOS 7.1.1. Which essentially means iOS 8 jailbreak is possible, at least in its current beta form. i0n1c has also commented that he will fix the iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak code to make it compatible with iOS 8 beta.
While this sounds positive, it should be noted that iOS 8 jailbreak might not be that much of a big possibility once it's released to public. Apple always patches up the exploits before releasing to public and keeps them intact during beta updates. However, considering that iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak too hasn't been made public, it might be a little difficult for Apple to patch those exploits up.
This in the end presents a pretty upsetting picture for a public iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak which wasn't already highly expected. It is being speculated that hackers would keep the jailbreaking attempts to themselves until iOS 8 is released to have better prospects for iOS 8 jailbreak.
We will keep you updated on how things go between different beta updates and iOS 7.1.1 jailbreak prospects.
- Relevant WWDC 2014 posts to read:
- Check if Your Mac is Compatible with OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Downgrade iOS 8 to iOS 7.1.1 - How to
- Apple iCloud Drive Announced at WWDC ’14 to Sync Files Across Devices – Windows-Compatible!
- Apple to Unveil Smart Home at WWDC – Fail?
- Right Before WWDC Apple Manages to Get the 5th Spot at ‘Fortune 500′!
- Apple Unveils iOS 8 for iPhone, iPad and iPod at the WWDC 2014 Keynote
- Water Artwork Used in iOS 8 Banner Discovered on a Website
- Download OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 Wallpapers - How to
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter