How to Install macOS High Sierra GM on Your Mac Right Now – Tutorial
macOS High Sierra GM (Gold Master) is now available to download. Here’s how you can install it right now on your Mac.
Install macOS High Sierra GM on Your Mac Right Now and Experience Apple’s Next-Gen Desktop Operating System Before Anyone Else
The word on the street is that macOS High Sierra GM is now available to download. And if you have a Mac that has a previous beta of the software already installed then you can update to the latest release right away.
Download macOS High Sierra GM Over the Air
This is the simplest route which you can take and you end up retaining your settings as well as your files. Follow the steps below in order to get up to speed. Also, if you're a Public Beta tester, then you too can download the new GM build.
- Connect to a stable Internet connection and launch the Mac App Store. Also save your work since you will be required to restart your Mac for installation.
- Click on the Updates tab at the top and let the page refresh properly.
- As soon as the new update shows up, just click on the Update button next to it in order to begin the download.
- Once the download is complete, you can either choose to install it right away or later. Take action which you see fit given your situation.
Clean Install macOS High Sierra GM
You have the complete option of installing a fresh copy of macOS High Sierra GM from scratch. This ensures that you get the maximum performance benefits of the software at any given time. Basically, you’ll get a ‘brand new’ feel out of your computer, allowing you to set it up like you did for the first time. But keep in mind that this process will erase everything off your Mac, therefore back up everything on a safe and secure location. You can either use Time Machine (if you have one) or an external storage medium such as a portable flash drive or a hard disk drive. Once everything is well sorted out, follow the guides posted below on how to install High Sierra GM from scratch. Last but not the least, make sure your Mac is compatible to work with macOS High Sierra. If you can run macOS Sierra then High Sierra would run just fine.
- Download macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta and Install it Right Now – How to
- How to Create macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta Bootable USB Drive
- Clean Install macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta – How to
- Download macOS High Sierra Public Beta on Your Mac – How to
- Downgrade macOS High Sierra to macOS Sierra – How to
Let us know in the comments section below whether you went ahead with an over the air update or a clean install of Apple’s new desktop operating system. Regardless of the route you take, make sure you share your experience about the desktop OS with us.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter