Download macOS High Sierra Public Beta on Your Mac – How to
Apple has released the first ever macOS High Sierra Public Beta for download. It’s absolutely free, and here’s how you can install it.
Download & Install the macOS High Sierra Public Beta on Your Mac for Free
NOTE: macOS High Sierra Public Beta is not available to download at the time of writing. Apple has listed it as ‘coming soon’ on its Beta Software Program website. But everything written below applies as soon as the update becomes available for everyone to test out. It’s best to enroll your Mac beforehand and prepare yourself for the plunge ahead of time.
Just like iOS 11 Public Beta, macOS High Sierra Public Beta is available as a free download to those who are brave enough to test it out. Once you go ahead with the installation, you not only get the taste of Apple’s latest desktop operating system for free, but you also help out the Cupertino company in fixing bugs and further improve the OS as we move towards the big release later this year.
First thing’s first, make sure that your Mac is compatible to work with macOS High Sierra. You’ll be pleased to learn that if your Mac can run macOS Sierra, then it can run macOS High Sierra with utmost ease. Still, glance at the list here before going ahead: Macs Compatible with macOS High Sierra Beta – List.
Assuming that your Mac is listed to work with High Sierra, the next logical thing to do is backup everything on your Mac. It’s best to use an external storage medium for that purpose.
Download & Install macOS High Sierra Public Beta
1. Head over to the following website using Safari on your Mac: beta.apple.com
2. Once here, sign up to the Beta Software Program using your Apple ID. The same Apple ID which you are using on your Mac. If you haven’t signed up already, then please make sure that you do so otherwise you won’t be able to download macOS High Sierra Public Beta.
3. Click on Enroll Your Devices in the top bar.
4. Now select macOS in the list of available options.
5. Scroll down a little and then download the macOS Public Beta Access Utility. Once it’s done downloading, launch it and follow the on-screen instructions to enroll your Mac and set it to receive Public Beta software updates.
6. Now launch the Mac App Store and head over to the Updates tab. The macOS High Sierra Public Beta will be waiting here for download.
Easy wasn’t it?
Just make sure you send those crash and bug reports to Apple while you’re having a good time taking High Sierra for a spin.
You may want to check out the following links if you’re a developer: