Clean Install macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta – How to
Want to clean install macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta on your Mac? Here's how you do it in a complete step by step fashion.
Here's How You Clean Install macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta for Maximum Performance Related Benefits
Installing an OS over the air is not the best route one can take. Sure, you jump over to the next big thing, but you'll notice a lot of performance related issues in some cases. So, in order to avoid all of that, and get the maximum performance related benefits from an OS, you perform a clean installation of it. In today's guide, we'll show you how to do just that, but for Apple's latest operating system for the desktop, macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta. Without further ado, let's jump right into it.
Check for High Sierra Compatibility
Your Mac must be compatible to work with macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta. But the good news here is: if your computer can run Sierra, then it'll run High Sierra just fine. Just in case, check out the list of compatible Macs here: Macs Compatible with macOS High Sierra Beta – List.
Backup Everything in a Safe & Secure Location
This procedure will erase everything off your Mac. Therefore save all your important files, photos and videos in a safe location. You may either back everything up to iCloud or use an external storage medium. I would suggest the latter, since it is far more quicker.
Create a Bootable macOS High Sierra Beta USB Drive
This step is absolutely crucial. Follow the guide posted here on how to do so: How to Create macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta Bootable USB Drive. Return back to this tutorial once you are done.
Clean Install macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta
Once you have the bootable USB all set up and ready to go, just plug it in your Mac and follow the steps outlined below.
1. Power on or restart your Mac. Once you heart the Mac chime, hold down the Option key.
2. Select the macOS 10.13 Beta installer disk.
3. Select Disk Utility and erase your main macOS HDD or SSD. Click on Erase in order to do so.
4. Close Disk Utility, click on the Install macOS 10.13 Beta option, and follow the on-screen instructions for installation. Make sure you select your Mac's internal hard disk as the target location for installation.
5. Let your Mac install macOS 10.13 High Sierra Beta. Once done, you'll boot straight up and you can start using the OS as you normally would.
Easy, wasn't it?
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter