Downgrade iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 to iOS 13 [Limited Time Only]
You can downgrade iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 final back to iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 for an extremely limited time on your iPhone or iPad.
Downgrade iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 to iOS 13 Today Before Apple Stops Signing the Older Firmware
Not everyone is going to find iOS 14 or iPadOS 14 in the same taste. Some might find App Library a little too much, while some are going to see hammered performance or bad battery life on older devices like the iPhone 6s. After all, this is the first ever build of Apple's brand new software update, so these things are to be expected.
If you find yourself in a situation where you think that you might have made a mistake updating to iOS 14 or iPadOS 14, then don't panic as you still have time to go back to iOS 13 or iPadOS 13. But this is only possible as long as Apple is signing the older firmware. Given that iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 are still in their infancy, therefore you have ample amount of time to make a decision.
- Backup everything using iTunes, Finder or iCloud
- Download the latest iOS 13.7 / iPadOS 13.7 IPSW file and save it to your desktop
- Make sure you have a Lightning cable or USB-C cable handy
- Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes running on your PC, Mac users have to use Finder for downgrade
- Turn off Find My iPhone by going to Settings > Find My > Find My iPhone
Step 1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your PC or Mac using a Lightning or USB-C cable.
Step 2. Launch iTunes or Finder.
Step 3. Click on the tiny iPhone-like icon on the top left hand corner of iTunes. Mac users can select their device from the left hand bar in Finder.
Step 4. Click on the 'Restore iPhone/iPad' button while holding the left Option key (Mac) or the left Shift key (Windows).
Step 5. Now select the iOS 13.7 / iPadOS 13.7 IPSW file.
Step 6. Let iTunes or Finder extract the firmware and restore it onto your device. This may take a while so let it happen without any sort of interruption.
Once the restoration is complete, you can either set up the device as brand new or just restore a backup you created using iTunes, Finder or iCloud. If you are planning to sell the device, then you don't have to do anything after step 6. Just pack the iPhone or iPad up and send it out.
Read more below:
- iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 Final with App Library, Compact Siri, Home Screen Widgets Released for iPhone and iPad
- These Are the iPhones and iPads Compatible with iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 Final
- iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 Final Changelog, Release Notes, What’s New
- Download iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 Over the Air Without Losing Files or Settings [Tutorial]
- How to Clean Install iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 Final Version
- How to Fix iOS 14 / iPadOS 14 Final Stuck on Preparing Update Issue [Tutorial]
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter