How to Unlock the Exclusive Galaxy Skin in Fortnite
Shortly after they announced the Fortnite for Android beta program, Epic Games confirmed that all Galaxy Note 9 and Tab S4 users would receive an exclusive 'Galaxy' skin. The skin covers your character in stars and various other objects from outer space. To unlock the skin on both devices, you have to download and install the Fortnite Installer from Samsung's Galaxy Apps store and not Epic Games' website. Additionally, the skin can only be unlocked once per device.
If you preordered the Note 9 you are eligible to pick between a pair of wireless AKG headphones or a Fortnite gaming bundle of 15,000 VBucks and the Galaxy Skin. For those who picked the Fortnite bundle or here's how to redeem the bundle and get your VBucks and the Galaxy Skin:
- On your Note 9, download and install the Shop Samsung app and log into it using your Samsung account.
- Tap on the menu button in the top-left corner and navigate to My Inbox.
- For those who have already registered for the Fortnite bundle, tap View My Status and skip down to Step 6.
- For those who haven't registered for the bundle yet, go through the process of checking to see if your device is eligible and submitting the Fortnite bundle as your pick.
- Once you're approved, you'll receive an email directing you back to the app to claim your items.
- Viewing the status of your promotional order, you'll see a button labelled Redeem Game Bundle and tap it.
- On the following screen, log into your Epic Games account and then grant the Shop Samsung app permission to access your Epic Games account.
Now, fire up Fortnite and log in using the same Epic Games account. You should be able to see the Galaxy Skin and the VBucks in your inventory. For those who chose the wireless AKG headphones, you can still get just the Galaxy skin. All you need to do is play three games successfully. Following a win or an elimination, tapping on the return to lobby button is mandatory for a game to be counted. After three successful games, you should receive a gift in your Fortnite inbox (it may take up to 24-48 hours).
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter