Fortnite for Android Adds Support for Bluetooth Controllers More
Fortnite continues to dominate the battle royale genre across most platforms. Ever since its much-anticipated launch last year, controller support has been one of the most highly-requested features for Android users. Epic Games listened and released an update today. Fortnite version 7.30 finally allows players to use Bluetooth controllers to play the game. It even adds support for 60Hz refresh rate on select devices as well. For now, only the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant), Huawei Honor View 20, and Huawei Mate 20 X are currently supported. Hopefully, more devices will be added to the list in the future. Here's the full changelog:
- Mobile Controller support
- Android: most of Bluetooth controller adapters, such as SteelSeries Stratus XL, Gamevice, XBox1, Razer Raiju, and Moto Gamepad.
- iOS: MFi controllers, such as Steelseries Nimbus and Gamevice.
- Disabled phone vibration if a gamepad attached.
- 60Hz on select Android models
- We are rolling out 60Hz support (to be enabled in settings) on select Android devices. We have been working with our partners on optimizations and are rolling this out initially on the following specific models.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 (USA variant)
- Huawei Honor View 20
- Huawei Mate 20 X
- Added audio visualization icons for vehicles and Balloons
- Fixed an issue causing players to be unable to build multiple structure types while simultaneously holding down the build button and changing build types.
- Fixed Harvesting Tool button no longer swaps back to the previously selected weapon
- Fixed Multiple simultaneous button presses on mobile can disable the fire button
- Fixed No padlock icon appears on the directional pad when locking with auto-run on mobile.
- Fixed Several UI buttons having lower resolution than the other buttons.
Along with the inclusion of controller support and 60Hz support, players can also expect a new seasonal weapon called the Chiller Grenade that can knock back opponents and cause them to slide along the ground. The Chiller Grenade can be found in vending machines and as floor loot. The update is available OTA and should roll out to all users shortly.
News Source: Epic Games
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter