Steps to Jailbreak iOS 7.0.6 iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch with Evasi0n 7 1.0.6
Team evad3rs released evasi0n 7 1.0.6 to jailbreak iOS 7.0.6 released recently. The update fixed a critical SSL security bug which gave potential hackers door to get to your information. Evad3rs have updated their iOS 7 JB tool evasi0n 7 for the latest update, iOS 7.0.6.
Untethered evasi0n 7 jailbreak supports iOS 7, iOS 7.0.1, iOS 7.0.2, iOS 7.0.3, iOS 7.0.4, iOS 7.0.5, and iOS 7.0.6 and is compatible with following iOS devices:
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 4
- iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2
- Retina iPad mini, iPad mini
- iPod touch 5G
Prereqs to check before you jailbreak iOS 7.0.6:
Before you jailbreak, please check these points:
- Ensure that you have updated iTunes to the latest version.
- Do not forget to backup your device using iTunes before jailbreaking.
- Disable backup encrypting by unchecking Encrypt iPhone backup in iTunes. Enable it after you’ve successfully jailbroken your device.
- Please note that jailbreaking your iOS device voids warranty, hence proceed at your own risk.
Steps to jailbreak iOS 7.0.6:
Required files: download evasi0n7 1.0.6 for Mac or Windows from this link; save it in a folder and name it evasi0n on your desktop. Extract the file and launch it. For Windows users, Run as Administrator.
- Disable passcode from Settings > General > Passcode Lock On > Turn Passcode Off.
- Connect iOS device when prompted after launching evasi0n.
- Evasi0n would detect it mentioning iOS firmware it is running on.
- Click on the Jailbreak button. You will be shown a progress update at various stages about the process, like Retrieving, Uploading, Injecting, Configuring, Rebooting.
- Be patient while the process is running and don't run iTunes or Xcode in the meanwhile.
- Once your device is rebooted, you will be asked to reboot it. - do not close evasi0n on your computer.
- Unlock your iOS device.
- Tap on the evasi0n 7 app and your screen will be rebooted again.
- The jailbreak process will start completing its remaining part on the iOS device. It will reboot and try to update you about the process with Reading kernel, Calculating offsets, etc.
- Once it is rebooted, your iOS device is successfully jailbroken on iOS 7.0.6.
- You will now see Cydia icon on the home screen.
Although it may sound like a huge time consuming process to update to iOS 7.0.6 and re-jailbreak it. It's worth it. Especially if you tend to connect with public hotspots, try to update to get your device more secure.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter