Guacamelee! 2 Slams Down a New Trailer and Summer Release Date
Get ready for more Mexican-wrestling-themed Metroidvania fun, because Guacamelee! 2 has officially locked in an August release date. Guacamelee! 2 looks fairly similar to its predecessor, although this time there’s 4-player co-op and some levels will force you to deal with “dimensional waves,” which should keep you on your toes. Oh, and you can once again turn into a chicken, with all-new poultry powers. You can check out a quick launch trailer, below.
Here’s the full official rundown of what to expect from Guacamelee! 2:
Guacamelee! 2 brings former hero Juan Aguacate out of retirement to stop a powerful and ruthless luchador who has emerged as the ruler of a parallel timeline. Juan must once again don his special luchador mask and tights, and fight his way through the worlds of the living and the dead (plus time and space) in an attempt to save his family...and the entire Mexiverse!
- Powerful New Moves – New abilities such as Eagle Boost, Rocket Kick, and Pollo Shot add to Juan’s awesome arsenal of moves, for use in both combat and platforming.
- Super Chicken! – A unique set of new abilities and moves for Juan’s chicken form. Ridiculous chicken-based platforming, combat and exploration. More chicken than you’ll be able to handle (probably).
- Vibrant, Deadly World – An epic, colorful adventure, inspired by Mexican folklore, that takes players through living and dead worlds and across rifts in space-time! Beautiful environments and 2D animation, more gorgeous than ever thanks to a fancy new rendering engine.
- Lots to See – Dense gameplay areas featuring tons of secrets and optional content. Bigger maps, twice as many enemy types as the first game, and a roster of eccentric new bosses.
- Brand New Upgrade System – Discover “trainers” from around the world, defeat their challenges, and upgrade your movement, combat, traversal, and more.
- Caliente Original Soundtrack – Soundtrack featuring new music from Peter Chapman and Rom Di Prisco - composers of the original Guacamelee! OST. Additional new tracks from special guests Mariachi Entertainment System!
- 4-Player Local Co-op – Drop-in / drop-out 4-player local co-op through the entire story lets your best amigos join in anytime!
If you haven’t played the first Guacamelee!, I suggest you give it a try while you’re waiting for the sequel. It’s fun, stylish, challenging, and a great deal for only $15.
Guacamelee! 2 elbow drops onto PC and PS4 on August 21. No word yet on Xbox One or Switch versions, but they’re likely coming eventually.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter