Flash HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 – How to
Based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat, HaWKiSH custom firmware is one of the fastest and most stable custom ROM you can get for Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The custom ROM is based on stock N9005XXUEND5 Android 4.4.2 and gives you superb performance. HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 for Galaxy Note 3 features five themes, two lock screens, and is fully optimized including the latest Samsung Galaxy S5 apps. Here is how you can flash HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 KitKat!
HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 features:
HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 custom firmware comes with a plenty of new features. Here are a few of them:
- Multi CSC (EUR by default)
- Zipalined & deodexed & highly compressed
- Cache partition and dalvik cache automatically wiped
- Hardware Acceleration Enabled (GPU UI Enabled)
- Framework and applications optimized
- Ultra smooth and fast UI
- Busybox, SuperSU
Note: This guide is only to flash HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3 model N900. Please do not try on any other Galaxy Note 3 variants.
Prerequisites to flash HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to flash HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 on Galaxy Note 3:
Required files: download the HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 KitKat custom firmware for Galaxy Note 3 N900 from here and save it on your computer. Do not extract the contents. Also download the Google Apps Package for your Note 3 from here.
- Connect Galaxy Note 3 N900 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy Note 3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the HaWKiSH Android 4.4.2 custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Once done, repeat the above step for installing Gapps on your smartphone.
- After installation is done successfully, return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Note 3 N900 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your Note 3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter