Update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 Official – How to
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE got a latest XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update. Here is the complete tutorial to help you update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to XXUEND6 official firmware. The latest official update brings in some performance improvement, maintenance and bug fixes.
- Relevant guide: Root Galaxy Note 3 N9005 on XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 – How to
XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 official firmware details:
Model name: GALAXY Note 3 LTE
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 +0000
Product Code: THL
Follow this detailed guide to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 LTE in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy Note 3 N9005 to XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your phablet with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- lick on AP / PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the .pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 4.4.2 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and reboot it.
Once you have manually updated your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 to this latest official firmware, here is how to root Note 3 on XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat.