Root Galaxy Note 3 N9005 on XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 – How to
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 LTE got a latest XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update. If you have updated your Note to this latest official firmware and need to root it, here is the complete tutorial to help you out. The latest official update brings in some performance improvement, maintenance and bug fixes.
Follow this detailed guide to root Galaxy Note 3 N9005 on XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Prerequisites to root Galaxy Note 3 N9005 on XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 LTE in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to root Galaxy Note 3 N9005 on XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
Here are the steps to root Galaxy Note 3 N9005 on XXUEND6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your phablet with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, click on PA and select the CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip file for Galaxy Note 3.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 4.4.2 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and reboot it.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of leaked firmware, perform data wiping tasks: turn off Note 3 and reboot it into recovery mode. In recovery, select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your phablet.