CarbonROM team has now released a new ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat. Feature packed and bloat-free, you can now flash Android 7.1 on Nexus 6 using CarbonROM Nougat custom firmware and get over-the-air updates for any future versions of the ROM. For more details, updates, and support, please visit the official website here.
Prerequisites to flash Android 7.1 on Nexus 6 with CarbonROM
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus 6 on your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your Nexus 6 should be rooted.
- Make sure that TWRP recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Nexus 6 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to flash CarbonROM Android 7.1 Nougat on Nexus 6
- Connect your Nexus 6 to your PC using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your device.
- Disconnect your Nexus 6 and power it off.
- Now boot it into the recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Home and the Power buttons simultaneously. Use Volume keys to highlight and Power button to select.
- Create a Nandroid backup of your device from Backup.
- Also, factory reset your device by selecting WIPE option.
- Now, select install to locate and install CarbonROM Android 7.1 Nougat zip file and confirm its installation.
- When the ROM installation completes successfully, repeat the above step for installing the GApps package.
- Once done, go back to main recovery menu and select reboot system now.
First boot takes a little while since it's the first time for the device to load up everything after being flashed with a new firmware. Don't forget to share your experience with us.