Update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 5.1 EuphoriaOS Custom ROM – How to
Based on Android 5.1 Lollipop, EuphoriaOS will give you AOSP-like experience with some neat features added here and there for you to customize. Here are some of the highlights of the custom firmware to help you see what this ROM could do for your device:
- AOSP Based
- Disabled tether checking
- IME selector notification control
- Advanced reboot
- Adb notification control
- Adb over network
- Long press back to kill
- CPU info overlay
- Status bar brightness control
- Superuser built-in
- Show battery percent
- Option to disable lock screen carrier label
This custom firmware is in beta phase so you might see some bugs here and there. Here are the steps to help you update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 5.1 Lollipop using EuphoriaOS.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 5.1:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S4 i9500 to Android 5.1 Lollipop with EuphoriaOS:
- Connect your Galaxy S4 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S4.
- Boot it into recovery mode: switch the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons simultaneously.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the EuphoriaOS Android 5.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S4 I9500 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter