First Halo Reach PC Gameplay Footage Showcased by 343 Industries
Halo Reach for PC was showcased for the first time yesterday by 343 Industries. The one-hour long gameplay video was grabbed from the demo due to be available at E3 2019.
Halo Reach for PC is being developed by Splash Damage as an entirely native experience for the platform. PC gamers can look forward to the following feature set:
- Robust action mapping options
- Great mouse/keyboard input across the entire game
- Low input latency by leveraging raw input and latency validation via slow-motion cameras
- Support for a broad set of mouse and gameplay options
PC Native UI
- Updated UI controls familiar to PC users
- Robust video and game options that allow users to tailor the experience to their hardware
- Support for FOV sliders (to the extent each game can realistically support)
- Text chat
Runs on a variety of hardware and takes advantage of what is there in both UI and gameplay
- Range of resolution and aspect ratio support for monitors
- 4K+ resolution, native aspect ratio support from 4:3 up to 21:9 Ultrawide
- GSync/FreeSync support
- High refresh rate support
- Mice both high or low DPI
- Multiple styles of Keyboards
- Video cards, both dedicated and integrated
- XInput supported controllers
- Loading optimizations
High-quality window handling
- Borderless full screen
- Flexible window resizing
- Gracefully handles keyboard shortcuts such as ALT-TAB/ALT-ENTER, etc.
It will be part of Halo: The Master Chief Collection, due to be released soon on PC via Steam and Microsoft Store. Of course, Halo Reach will also be added to the existing Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Xbox One.
For the first time ever, The Master Chief’s story comes to PC. Featuring Halo: Reach along with Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, Halo 2: Anniversary, Halo 3, the Halo 3: ODST Campaign and Halo 4, this is the definitive Halo experience.
Honoring the iconic hero and his epic journey, The Master Chief’s story is brought together with a total of 67 campaign missions plus more than 120 multiplayer maps (including the original Halo Combat Evolved maps) and Spartan Ops maps. Now built for PC with mouse and keyboard support and up to 4K UHD and HDR, this is the collection Halo fans have been waiting for!