Earlier today, Bethesda shared the content roadmap for Fallout 76, their survival online RPG launched last November. The first few updates were mainly focused at fixing bugs and increasing quality of life features such as the player stash size, but now Fallout 76 is about to get quite a bit of new content.
Over the year, there will be three main series of content updates: Wild Appalachia, mentioned earlier and coming this Spring; Nuclear Winter, coming this Summer, and lastly Wastelanders due in the Fall.
Predictably, Wild Appalachia got the most details of them all. This series of updates is expected to roll out content over the span of two months or so, including:
- New Quests: Shear Terror! – Uncover the ‘encryptid’ secrets of Appalachia in a new series of quests and encounters to separate monsters from myths.
- New Quests: Ever Upwards – Journey to the deepest reaches of the woods with new stories for the legendary Pioneer Scouts. Earn merit badges, climb the ranks, and earn a customizable backpack for increased utility.
- New Features: Legendary Vendor and Scrapping – Locate the mysterious Purveyor to exchange and scrap your unwanted legendary items for new legendary gear. For every star rating on a legendary item you scrap, increase your chances to get the legendary weapon or armor of your dreams.
- New Features: C.A.M.P. Decorating, Player Vending, Functional Camera – Use items from your stash to decorate your C.A.M.P. Build vending machines and flag items for sale. Simply set your prices and walk away to continue your adventures in Appalachia, being sure to capture all your favorite memories using the new functional camera. The vending machines do all the work, you just need to count the caps.
- New Features: Brewing and Distilling – Go on a new quest to discover the secrets of the forbidden brew Nukashine and bring the party back to your C.A.M.P with new brewing and distilling systems and recipes.
- New Seasonal Event: Fasnacht Parade – Chase away Old Man Winter and quicken the coming of spring with the ancient festival of Fasnacht! Join the celebration and complete this new limited-time event to earn unique rewards in the form of festive Fasnacht Masks.
- New Game Mode: Survival – This all-new game mode brings a higher-stakes PvP experience with fewer restrictions, increased rewards, and new challenges plus all the original content of Adventure Mode.
Nuclear Winter, on the other hand, will see the opening of new Vaults (96 and 94, specifically) as high-level group raids for endgame content. Another new game mode called Nuclear Winter will be introduced, alongside a prestige system called Legendary Players that will allow characters above level 50 to become even more powerful.
Lastly, the Wastelanders series of updates will be the 'biggest and most ambitious' ever made for Fallout 76, according to Bethesda. Among other things, they'll feature a new main questline, new factions, events, features and other yet to be revealed surprises.