Some version of Evil Genius 2 has been in development for over a decade, with the most recent iteration from Rebellion Developments being announced back in 2017. Updates have been somewhat sporadic since then, but today Rebellion announced Evil Genius 2: World Domination will finally arrive this coming March. You can check out a new trailer for the game, below.
For those unfamiliar, the Evil Genius games task players with designing and managing a classic James-Bond-style villainous secret lair, complete with all the secret labs and shark tanks you could want. Here’s what you can expect from this latest entry in the series:
- Four campaigns - Play as narcissist despot Max, heavy-muscle madman Ivan, manipulative ex-spymaster Emma or scientist zealot Zalika. Guide your chosen evil genius through their own unique story campaign as they impose their twisted vision upon an unsuspecting globe.
- Three island locations - Choose where to build your supervillain HQ from three island paradises, each with their own gameplay challenges. From the outside your base looks like a beautiful casino resort, but behind closed doors lies all manner of unimaginable evil.
- Intuitive lair-building - Design, build and customize your lair as you see fit. With modern base-building mechanics and loads of gameplay features totally new to the series, including multiple-floored lairs, strategy fans will feel right at home with Evil Genius 2.
- New rooms, henchmen, agents, traps and more - As showcased in today’s trailer, Evil Genius 2 features tons of menacing characters and devilish contraptions to use in your lair. From the deliciously fatal Sushi Chef to the always famished Venus Spy-Trap, you have a huge number of ways to stop the Forces of Justice from foiling your dastardly plans.
- World domination 2.0 - Take to the world stage and execute your campaign of total supremacy. Send your minions and henchmen on missions across the globe as you exert your influence and control over world regions. Complete lucrative schemes, expand your criminal network, recruit new henchmen and steal all manner of useful loot – from the Doors to Fort Knox to a living, breathing dodo.
- [CLASSIFIED] - There are loads of fiendishly exciting surprises on the way in the coming weeks – including a mode we’ve not yet talked about…stay tuned for more soon.
Evil Genius 2: World Domination begins scheming on PC on March 30.