Download iOS 12 Public Beta for iPhone and iPad for Free [How to]
Here's how you can download iOS 12 Public Beta on your iPhone, iPad or iPod right now absolutely free.
Download iOS 12 Public Beta Today and Test it Out for Free
Right after the announcement of iOS 12, Apple promised that it would release the Public Beta of the software very soon for iPhone and iPad users. Today is the big day and you can download it onto your supported iPhone or iPad absolutely free. Yes, free. Because the Beta Software Program has nothing to do with the Apple Developer Program and it is meant for public testing purposes only so that Apple can gather up all the information it can from users to make its software as bug-free as possible.
Before We Begin...
If you've made up your mind regarding iOS 12 Public Beta, first and foremost, backup all your data using to iCloud or iTunes. Once that is done, make sure your device is supported by iOS 12. You can check out the compatibility list by going here.
Also, just to be on the safe side, download the iOS 11.4 firmware file for your device in case you wish to downgrade back later on. You can download iOS 11.4 from here, and the downgrade guide can be found here: How to Downgrade iOS 12 Beta to iOS 11 [Tutorial].
Download iOS 12 Public Beta
1. Open beta.apple.com using your iPhone or iPad.
2. On this page, sign in using the same Apple ID which you are currently using on your iPhone or iPad.
3. Tap on Enroll Your Devices once you're signed in.
4. Scroll down a little and you'll see a little 'Download profile' button. Tap on it to download the beta profile.
5. Once the profile is installed, you will be required to restart your device. Please do so.
6. Now, connect your device to WiFi if you haven't already and then navigate to Settings > General > Software Update.
7. As soon as the iOS 12 Public Beta shows up, tap on Download and Install.
8. Once the download is complete, you will be asked whether or not you wish to install the update right away. If you've chosen to install it now, your device will reboot and iOS 12 Beta will be installed.
While you are here, you may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12 Beta for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- How to Download iOS 12 Beta Without Developer Account on iPhone, iPad
- How to Clean Install iOS 12 Beta on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- How to Install iOS 12 Beta Without Losing Your Files and Settings
- iOS 11 vs. iOS 12 Beta Speed Test on iPhone 5s, iPhone 8 [Video]
- Download New iOS 12 Beta Wallpaper [Direct Link]