Download / Install watchOS 2 GM On Apple Watch Right Now
Want to download and install watchOS 2 Golden Master build on your Apple Watch right now? Then we’ll walk you through the entire process in the most seamless way possible.
Haven't Installed watchOS 2 Beta Before?
1. Head over to the Apple Developer Program website here and enroll yourself into the program. If you’re already signed up, then simply sign into the website using your iPhone which is running iOS 9. Once you're signed in, you'll be required to register your Apple Watch with Apple. Follow the steps below on how to do just that:
2. Click on the ‘Resources’ tab at the top of the Apple Developer Program website.
3. Now click on ‘watchOS 2’ in the list of available options under 'Platform and Tools,' and then click on the blue 'Download' button at the top right hand corner on the next page.
4. Download and install the watchOS 2 profile.
5. Launch the ‘Watch’ app from your iPhone’s home screen and then navigate to General > Software Update.
6. Simply download and install the available watchOS 2 update. Profit.
Already Have watchOS 2 Beta Installed?
1. Launch the ‘Watch’ app from your iPhone’s home screen.
2. Navigate to General > Software Update.
3. Wait for the page to reload. After a few seconds, or minutes, depending on your Internet connection’s speed, the update will be presented to you, waiting for your download approval.
4. Simply download and install.
As we mentioned on a number of occasions, watchOS 2 cannot be downgraded and if for some reason you wish to revert back to an older build, you simply can’t, and have to live with Apple’s latest firmware for its wearable device.
watchOS 2 is a massive upgrade over the first-gen watchOS software that shipped with the Apple Watch earlier this year, and comes with support for native apps, time-lapse watch faces as well as a ton of other under the hood changes. And if you're a fan of Digital Touch, then you'll be pleased to learn that the feature now supports multiple colors in one single drawing, allowing you to be more expressive than before.
If you’re currently sitting on watchOS 1.x and have the option to update to watchOS 2, then we highly recommend that you make the leap straight away, as new software tend to fix a lot of cunning bugs and problems. And of course, you get to reap the benefits of Apple’s latest and greatest features as well.
If you did update to watchOS 2, then be sure to let us know in the comments section below how it fared for you.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter