How to Disable Auto HDR for Camera in iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus
Here's how you can disable the Auto HDR feature in the Camera app running on iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
Auto HDR is Turned on By Default on iPhone X & iPhone 8 - Here's How to Turn Things Around.
There's no doubt in the fact that the iPhone X, along with the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus are packed with phenomenal cameras. In fact, these cameras are so good that Apple believes that HDR (High Dynamic Range) should be enabled at all times so that you are treated with a perfectly balanced photo every single time you press that shutter button. Of course, every photographer might not agree with that as HDR tends to add a little bit of 'artificialness' into the mix under certain lighting conditions. If you are one of those who believe that automatic HDR should be turned off, then we will show you how you can disable the feature. And no, you can not do it straight from the Camera app if you want to. Pick up your iPhone and follow suit.
Disable Auto HDR on iPhone X or iPhone 8.
Keep in mind that the Auto HDR feature is exclusive to the iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus and iPhone X. If you have any other iPhone, then you can simply switch between the On, Off or Auto options straight form the Camera app.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
2. Scroll down and then find an option called Camera. Tap to open it up.
3. Over here you will see a plain and simple toggle switch labeled 'Auto HDR.' Just tap to turn it off.
With the feature now turned off, you don't have to worry about processed images at all.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Disable / Enable True Tone Display Feature in iPhone X, iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus
- How to Access the Control Center on iPhone X
- How to Turn Off / Power Down iPhone X [Tutorial]
- How to View Battery Percentage on iPhone X
- How do You Force Quit an App on iPhone X? Here’s How
- How to Use Reachability on iPhone X
- Miss the Home Button on iPhone X? No Problem, Just Add a Virtual One – Here’s How
- How to Turn Off Display ‘Tap to Wake’ Feature on iPhone X
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter