How to Disable / Enable True Tone Display Feature in iPhone X, iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus
Here's a complete step by step guide on how to disable or enable the True Tone display feature on iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
Learn to How to Disable or Enable True Tone on iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus.
A feature exclusive to the iPad Pro, True Tone has made its way to the iPhone X, iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus. It's a simple feature that adapts the tone of the device's display to match your ambient environment. For example, if you are in a room lit up by warm lights, then your display's tone will match up, giving you a slightly warm feel. It's a cool little feature but might not be for everyone since it can become an obstruction if you are doing color accurate work, or just don't like the display having a mind of its own. So, in today's guide we will show you how to turn the feature off, or on, depending on your needs.
Enable / Disable True Tone.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone X, iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus.
2. Tap on Display & Brightness.
3. Now simply tap on the True Tone toggle switch to either turn it on or off.
Whenever you flint between different places with varying lighting conditions, the tone of your display will remain consistent, or change accordingly, if you opted to turn the feature off or on, respectively.
Personally I leave the feature turned on at all times as it makes staring at the display far less straining. I do understand that I end up sacrificing color accuracy in a lot of cases, but there's nothing better than a display that does not end up poking your eyeballs after an extended period of usage. At least that's what I believe.
You may also like to check out:
- How to Access the Control Center on iPhone X
- How to Turn Off / Power Down iPhone X [Tutorial]
- How to View Battery Percentage on iPhone X
- How do You Force Quit an App on iPhone X? Here’s How
- How to Use Reachability on iPhone X
- Miss the Home Button on iPhone X? No Problem, Just Add a Virtual One – Here’s How
- How to Turn Off Display ‘Tap to Wake’ Feature on iPhone X