16 Countries, 424 Stores – Apple Stores 13 Years After “Sorry, Steve: Here’s Why Apple Stores Won’t Work”
13th anniversary of Apple Stores!
It was started with the usual doom that has kept following Apple for decades. The first one of the Apple Stores was opened on 19th May 2001 at Tyson Corner Center, McLean, Virginia. The decision was followed by the now-popular Businessweek story "Sorry, Steve: Here's Why Apple Stores Won't Work". The story was a critical commentary on how the stores could potentially fail; it should be noted that Apple's iPod, iPhone, and iPad weren't yet released then.
13 years later, Apple boasts having a decent number of 424 Apple Stores in around 16 countries. 254 of these Apple Stores are in the USA and have proved to be the most profitable retail space in the entire world. Beating even the likes of Tiffany and Michael Kors, Apple Stores earn over $6,000 per square ft each year!
To celebrate the thirteen years of Apple Stores (would it sound even better on 15th anniversary?), Retale has shared with us their beautiful curation of Apple Stores over the world. You can see the USA map above; a more interactive, worldwide graphic can be accessed at this link.
- Thanks for the tip, Germann.
Top iOS and Android posts this week:
- LG G3 Secretly Featured at an Event in South Korea – Images
- iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken on iPhone 4 and iPhone 5c – Demo Video and Image!
- [Updated with Screenshots]: Flappy Bird Returning in August – Dev Working to Make the Game Less Addictive!
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime in All its Aluminum Glory – Images!
- Apple Planning to Launch Split-Screen Multitasking for iPad with iOS 8!
- Powered by ISOCELL Sensor, Samsung Galaxy S5 Camera Explained
- 5.5″ iPhone Sapphire Panel Costing Apple $280 – Only 10 Million Units will be Produced
- Images: Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, LG G2, Apple iPhone 5s, Xperia Z1, Nexus 5 Camera Comparison
- 2014 iPad Air and iPad Mini Retina to Get Touch ID, A8 Processor, and an 8MP Camera