Apple Releases iOS 11.3 Beta 2 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch – How to Download and Install [Update]
Right on cue. Apple has released iOS 11.3 Beta 2 for download to registered developers with an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Here’s how you can grab it over the air.
iOS 11.3 Beta 2 Released with Bug Fixes, Performance Enhancements
iOS 11.3 is an interesting release for a lot of reasons. Sure, it adds features which are to be expected in an update of this nature. But it also aims to add something which Apple is vigorously working on, and something which users have been crying out for since the release of iOS 11 last year: bug fixes and performance enhancements. Thankfully, iOS 11.3 Beta 2 is that release and it’s available to download over the air right now. We’ll show you how it’s done.
Update: The new beta includes the much-awaited Battery Health feature. You can read all about it here.
Download iOS 11.3 Beta 2 Over the Air
Note: This download method only works if you have a previous beta of iOS 11.3 installed on your device. If you do not then you have to download it from the Apple Developer Program website which will set you back $99 on an annual basis. Or you can ask one of your friends to hook you up if they have a membership at hand.
- Make sure you have more than 50% battery remaining on your device otherwise connect it to a power outlet.
- Connect to a WiFi network – over the air updates do not download over cellular.
- Now launch the Settings app from your home screen.
- Select General, then Software Updates.
- When the new developer beta shows up, tap on Download and Install.
- The update will be verified with Apple then your iPhone or iPad will restart in order to complete the installation.
This update is highly recommended as it improves the overall performance of the beta and squashes quite a bit of bugs.
If you are not a registered developer with Apple, then you can download and install iOS 11.3 Beta absolutely free by joining the company’s Beta Software Program. You can learn more about it here. Looking to install iOS 11.3 Beta without a developer account? Then check out our post here.
Looking to downgrade back to the public release of the firmware? Check out the link below.