Android Pie Update Rolling Out for Unlocked LG V40 ThinQ
The LG V40 ThinQ only recently received its Android Pie update on AT&T and Verizon. The carrier-unlocked variant of the LG V40 ThinQ received the same update today, weeks after its carrier-locked counterparts. The software has begun rolling out since June 17 (via Mylgphones) and is available for download and sideload. LG has updated its website only today to include information on version V405QA20a which states that it is the Android Pie OS upgrade. Here's the full changelog:
Home touch buttons with gesture:
- Just swipe up to switch to Overview or App drawer. Swipe right to move to the most recently used app.
Use the Volume keys for media:
- The Volume keys now adjust from ringtone volume to media volume by default.
Show lockdown option:
- In the lockdown mode, biometrics cannot be used, all lock screen notifications are hidden, and Smart Lock turns off. Press and hold the Power key and select Lockdown.
- Easily make cinemagraphs and take still photographs with a minor repeated movement.
- Record a video with up to five scenes in slow motion. You can also edit which parts to play in slow motion and change the speed.
- When AI CAM detects a person, it suggests the best composition.
- Lets you take a selfie with better composition and background exposure.
- Go live with YouTube Live directly from LG Camera.
Screenshot with URL:
- Screenshots contain a URL so that you can revisit the website from where the screenshot was taken (supported with Chrome).
Intelligent Gallery zoom:
- For a photo taken in Portrait, touching and holding on it temporarily removes the blur.
- Lets you move photos or jump to other Gallery albums quickly.
Home screen lock:
- Prevents apps and widgets from unintentionally being rearranged or removed.
- Lets you use two of the same apps simultaneously with different accounts. This feature works with Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Line, Skype, Telegram, KakaoTalk, QQ Mobile, BlackBerry Messenger, Hike Messenger, ICQ, Zalo and Snapchat.
- Keeps games and game-related shortcuts in one place.
Pin to screen:
Take a screenshot with Capture+ and pin it to the screen to use the information in other apps or screens.
- Shows notifications in a lighted bubble using only a portion of the screen. The whole screen does not have to wake up to show notifications.
The OTA has already began rolling out and you should receive it soon. Alternatively, you can install the LG Bridge software (head to "How to Update" in the link) on your computer to sideload the Android Pie update. With this update, all variants of the LG V40 ThinQ are now Android Pie-ready. With their latest flagship out of the way, we can expect LG to focus on rolling out to older devices such as the V30.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter