LG V40 ThinQ Receiving Android Pie Update on AT&T
It was rather surprising when the LG V40 ThinQ was found to be running Android Oreo upon its release in October 2018. One would expect that a device with such flagship-tier hardware would also come with the latest version of Android. The LG V40 ThinQ did eventually receive the update a few weeks ago and today, the AT&T variant of the flagship is getting its slice of the Pie. According to AT&T’s website:
Home touch buttons with gesture:
- Just swipe up to switch to Overview or App drawer. Swipe right to move to the most recently used app.
Use the Volume keys for media:
- The Volume keys now adjust from ringtone volume to media volume by default.
Show lockdown option:
- In the lockdown mode, biometrics cannot be used, all lock screen notifications are hidden, and Smart Lock turns off. Press and hold the Power key and select Lockdown.
- Easily make cinemagraphs and take still photographs with a minor repeated movement.
- Record a video with up to five scenes in slow motion. You can also edit which parts to play in slow motion and change the speed.
- When AI CAM detects a person, it suggests the best composition.
- Lets you take a selfie with better composition and background exposure.
- Go live with YouTube Live directly from LG Camera.
Screenshot with URL:
- Screenshots contain a URL so that you can revisit the website from where the screenshot was taken (supported with Chrome).
Intelligent Gallery zoom:
- For a photo taken in Portrait, touching and holding on it temporarily removes the blur.
- Lets you move photos or jump to other Gallery albums quickly.
Home screen lock:
- Prevents apps and widgets from unintentionally being rearranged or removed.
- Lets you use two of the same apps simultaneously with different accounts. This feature works with Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Line, Skype, Telegram, KakaoTalk, QQ Mobile, BlackBerry Messenger, Hike Messenger, ICQ, Zalo and Snapchat.
- Keeps games and game-related shortcuts in one place.
Pin to screen:
Take a screenshot with Capture+ and pin it to the screen to use the information in other apps or screens.
- Shows notifications in a lighted bubble using only a portion of the screen. The whole screen does not have to wake up to show notifications.
The update comes with the April 2019 patch, which is rather disappointing. The update brings all the standard Android Pie features such as App Actions, Slices and several OEM-specific changes listed above. To check whether your phone is already receiving the OTA, head to the general tab in the device’s settings, then tap About phone and Software update.
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.