LG V35 ThinQ Now Receiving Android Pie Update in the US
LG hasn't been particularly great with software upgrades, and things don't appear to be getting better. Thankfully, the Korean smartphone maker has updated a fair few of their devices with Android Pie in the past few weeks. Today, the LG V35 ThinQ is on the receiving end of the much-awaited software upgrade in the US. The build is available for all variants of the smartphone (even the unlocked one)
The Android Pie update is heading out to Google Fi, AT&T, Amazon, and AIO subscribers. Only Google Fi subscribers can install the Pie update through the LG Bridge firmware updating software for now, though. The build bears firmware version V350ULM20D and is about 3.5GB in size. It brings with it all the standard Android Pie features and the June 2019 Android security patches. Here's the full changelog:
Home touch buttons with gesture:
- Just swipe up to switch to Overview or App drawer. Swipe right to move to the most recently used app.
Use the Volume keys for media:
- The Volume keys now adjust from ringtone volume to media volume by default.
Show lockdown option:
- In the lockdown mode, biometrics cannot be used, all lock screen notifications are hidden, and Smart Lock turns off. Press and hold the Power key and select Lockdown.
- Easily make cinemagraphs and take still photographs with a minor repeated movement.
- Record a video with up to five scenes in slow motion. You can also edit which parts to play in slow motion and change the speed.
- When AI CAM detects a person, it suggests the best composition.
- Lets you take a selfie with better composition and background exposure.
- Go live with YouTube Live directly from LG Camera.
Screenshot with URL:
- Screenshots contain a URL so that you can revisit the website from where the screenshot was taken (supported with Chrome).
Intelligent Gallery zoom:
- For a photo taken in Portrait, touching and holding on it temporarily removes the blur.
- Lets you move photos or jump to other Gallery albums quickly.
Home screen lock:
- Prevents apps and widgets from unintentionally being rearranged or removed.
- Lets you use two of the same apps simultaneously with different accounts. This feature works with Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Line, Skype, Telegram, KakaoTalk, QQ Mobile, BlackBerry Messenger, Hike Messenger, ICQ, Zalo and Snapchat.
- Keeps games and game-related shortcuts in one place.
Pin to screen:
Take a screenshot with Capture+ and pin it to the screen to use the information in other apps or screens.
- Shows notifications in a lighted bubble using only a portion of the screen. The whole screen does not have to wake up to show notifications.
If you have an LG V35 ThinQ head over to Settings > System updates on your device to check if you're eligible for the update. Alternatively, you can even try the LG Bridge software for your PC or Mac.
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.