AMD has released its new Radeon Adrenalin Driver 21.1.1 which improves performance in Hitman 3 and has been optimized for Quake II RTX.
As noted by AMD, the new Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 driver increases the performance of the recently-released Hitman 3 by up to 10% in 4K resolution and Ultra settings for 16GB Radeon RX 6800 XT GPUs.
Testing conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of Jan 15, 2021 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT, using a test system comprising of AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU (3.7 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, and Windows 10x64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 versus the previous driver edition 20.12.1 on Hitman 3 @ 4K Ultra settings. Performance may vary. RS-349.
In addition, the new driver is optimized for the ray-traced reimagining of Quake II, Quake II RTX.
Aside from optimizations for the above-mentioned titles, the new 21.1.1 driver fixes several issues that have been reported, including a reflection issue within GTA V, and a DOOM Eternal crash when gaming and having the Steam overlay enabled.
We’ve included the full release notes for this new driver down below:
- Hitman 3™
- Up to 10% increase in performance in Hitman 3, @4K Ultra settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card versus the previous driver edition 20.12.1.RS-349
- Quake II™ RTX
- The recording and streaming overlay indicator may sometimes reset itself to the default position.
- Performance Metrics Overlay size may intermittently reset or may not match values that are set in Radeon Software after performing a task switch.
- The Radeon Software installer screen can sometimes display the incorrect release date of the Radeon Software version you are installing.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may flicker during video playback on displays with HDR enabled.
- Reflections in Grand Theft Auto V™ may fail to appear when ‘Reflection MSAA’ is enabled in the game settings.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ session timer may continue in Radeon Software even after the game has been exited.
- DOOM Eternal™ may experience an application crash while gaming and having Steam™ overlay enabled.
- Recorded content from Radeon Software may appear cropped or recorded at an incorrect resolution on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- The Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T may experience display or corruption issues when set to 5120x1440@240hz.
- Anisotropic Filtering in Radeon™ Software graphics settings is not taking effect in DirectX®9 applications on RDNA graphics products.
- Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung™ Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Oculus Link users may experience intermittent crashes on Polaris and Vega series graphics products.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Driver 21.1.1 can be downloaded from AMD’s official website here.