New AMD Radeon Adrenalin Driver 19.5.1 is Optimized for RAGE 2; Up to 16% Performance Gain on Radeon VII GPUs
AMD has released its Radeon Adrenalin Driver 19.5.1 which has been optimized for Bethesda’s RAGE 2 and should offer a notable performance gain on Radeon VII graphics cards.
Aside from being optimized for Bethesda’s latest title, the new driver also addresses some flickering issues with the performance metrics overlay when playing back protected content with this feature enabled. In addition, the 19.5.1 driver addresses an application hang in Doom during launch on AMD XConnect Technology system configurations.
AMD also mentions that it has discontinuined support for its Mantle API. Users who still wish to make use of the API, may do so with prior supported Radeon Software releases.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1 Release notes
Up to 16% performance gains with AMD Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1, on an AMD Radeon™ VII.
- Windows®10 May 2019 Update
- Instruction Tracing for Radeon GPU Profiler 1.5.X
- Performance metrics overlay may experience intermittent flicker when playing back protected content with this feature enabled.
- DOOM™ may experience an application hang during launch on AMD XConnect™ Technology system configurations.
- Radeon Software installation may fail or get stuck at 33% when installing on AMD Radeon HD 7970 system configurations.
- Some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products may experience a system hang when hot plugging 8K displays.
- AMD Radeon VII may fail to apply Radeon Settings video profiles to video playback.
- HTC VIVE™ devices may experience connection or detection issues by the OS or SteamVR™.
- System instability may be experienced on ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 laptop when a wireless display is connected.
- Stuttering or frame drop may be experienced when playing back DivX interlaced content in the Windows® Movies & TV application.
- Radeon RX Vega series graphics products may experience higher than expected memory clocks at idle or desktop with multi-display system configurations.
- Some system configurations may not be able to set 10-Bit color in Radeon Settings when the connected display is set to 4K 60hz.
- Enhanced Sync may fail to enable on Radeon FreeSync enabled displays in DirectX®9 API games on game first launch.
- AMD Link may experience intermittent authentication issues. An update of the AMD Link application is also required.
- Some games may experience texture flickering or corruption on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products when using the Vulkan™ API.
- AMD Ryzen™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics FAQ for Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition can be found here.
- Support for AMD Mantle API Technology has been discontinued starting with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1. Users who wish to continue to use AMD Mantle API Technology may do so with prior supported Radeon Software releases.
- Support for AMD Enduro™ technology switchable graphics mode has been discontinued starting with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition 19.5.1. Users who wish to continue to use AMD Enduro™ technology switchable graphics mode may do so with prior supported Radeon Software releases.
The new AMD driver can be downloaded from AMD’s official website right here.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter