Enable Gestures on Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge – Android Tips
Since the death of Samsung's beloved Galaxy Note 7, all eyes are back on Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge. We hope that our readers were safe during the period they used their Note 7, and that they are enjoying more stable, and equally fancy Galaxy S7 duo. If you have just bought the brand new and utterly gorgeous Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge, there are a lot of things you'd want to do with these phones. Wondering where are the gestures hidden on your beautiful curved smartphone? Follow these steps to enable gestures on Galaxy S7 edge. Or S7, for that matter.
How to activate gestures on Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
Samsung's Galaxy S7 and S7 edge offer Samsung's popular gesture controls. While few in number, they make some tasks - like taking a screenshot - pretty easy. Simple steps, a few taps, and you'll be able to use all these trendy gestures too.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to access the notification bar.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Now, swipe to the DEVICE tab > and tap Advanced features.
- In here, you'll find toggles for all of Galaxy S7 gesture controls.
- For example, you can enable Direct call from here. This gesture allows you to call someone by simply raising your Galaxy S7 or S7 edge to your ear with their contact detail, message or even a call log on the screen.
- Easy mute allows you to mute incoming calls, messages, alarms, and other sounds by placing your hand on the screen. Talk about facepalm-ing your own smartphone. With Easy mute on, you can also turn the device over to force-silence it.
- We have already done a detailed guide about this, but you can use Palm swipe gesture to take a screenshot. For more details, visit: Two Ways to Take Screenshots on Galaxy S7 and S7 edge – Scrolling Screenshot Tip Added
Other gestures like Smart alert are also available in the Advanced features.
Start playing with your Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, but don't forget to share your own tips and tricks with us too.
- More Galaxy S7 and S7 edge tips and tricks:
- How to Downgrade Samsung Galaxy S7 or S7 edge to Stock Firmware
- Tips to Fix Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge Battery Drain Issues
- How to Enable WiFi Sharing on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge
- How to Force Restart an Unresponsive Galaxy S7 or S7 edge – Android Tips
- Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge
- How to Customize or Disable the “Always On Display” Feature on Galaxy S7 Duo
- Get Adoptable SD Card Storage on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Without Root
- How to Boot Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge in Recovery Mode – Android Tips