How to Enable WiFi Sharing on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge – Android Tips
Samsung has introduced a pretty neat feature with Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 edge, allowing the user to share their WiFi connection with another device. While Android's tethering options have done the job over the years, its mobile hotspot normally only lets you share your mobile data connection with another device. Android's mobile hotspot tethering lacks the ability to share your phone's WiFi connection. Now, with Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge, you can share your WiFi connection through WiFi network with other devices. Sounds confusing?
Unlike tethering, Samsung's Galaxy S7 duo will act as a WiFi repeater/extender, allowing you to share your WiFi connection with another phone, computer, or a tablet. Think of times when you can't connect a second device to the same network. Forgotten password? Paid subscription? Galaxy S7 WiFi sharing will help you in these scenarios to connect more devices through your S7 or S7 edge.
How to enable Galaxy S7 WiFi sharing
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Mobile hotspot and tethering > More.
- Enable WiFi sharing.
This feature is exclusive to Samsung's latest Galaxy S7 and S7 edge and you won't be able to use it on the Galaxy S6 lineup or any other devices. According to various reports, Verizon has removed this WiFi sharing feature from its Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge devices. So if you own a Verizon powered Galaxy S7 or S7 edge device, you won't be able to try out the newly offered WiFi sharing feature.
Let us know if you found another new feature inside the newly released Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. Are you liking your new smartphone or is there anything that has been bugging you? Don't forget to share with us as we might be able to bring a fix for the problem.
More Galaxy S7 tips and tricks:
- Get Adoptable SD Card Storage on Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge Without Root
- How to enable Google Assistant on any rooted Nougat device
- Two Ways to Take Screenshots on Galaxy S7 and S7 edge – Scrolling Screenshot Tip Added
- How to Force Restart an Unresponsive Galaxy S7 or S7 edge – Android Tips
- How to Customize or Disable the “Always On Display” Feature on Galaxy S7 Duo
- How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge
- Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy S7 edge (Exynos)