How to Manually Update Samsung Galaxy S7 to XXU1DPLT Android 7 Nougat Official Firmware
After LG, HTC, Sony, and other Android flagship devices received Nougat updates, Samsung has finally started to release Android 7.0 Nougat to its Galaxy S7 and S7 edge users worldwide. Can't wait for the OTA notification to arrive? Here is how you can manually update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.0 Nougat G930FXXU1DPLT official firmware update.
Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge phone? Head over to this page for download links and installation guide.
G930FXXU1DPLT Android 7.0 Nougat
- Model SM-G930F
- Model name Galaxy S7
- Country United Kingdom
- Version Android 7
- Changelist 10273029
- Build date Fri, 30 Dec 2016 11:22:52 +0000
- Security Patch Level 2017-01-01
- Product code BTU
- PDA G930FXXU1DPLT
- CSC G930FOXA1DPLT
Before you update Galaxy S7 to Android 7 Nougat
- Download and install USB drivers for your Samsung Galaxy S7 on your computer.
- Make sure to make a backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Go to Settings > tap for about five times to enable Developer options.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S7 battery is charged up to more than 70%.
Confirm your phone's model number: Go to Settings on your phone > scroll down to About device or About phone and tap on it > note the Model number. This guide is focused on Samsung Galaxy S7 model G930F.
How to update Galaxy S7 to Android 7 XXU1DPLT
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it. Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S7 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power, and Home buttons together. OR, check how to enter Galaxy S7 download mode.
- Open Odin and connect your smartphone with your computer. When connected successfully, ID:COM boxes will turn yellow. (In case the smartphone isn't successfully added to Odin, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, click on AP / PDA and select the firmware file.
- Make sure that Re-Partition is not checked.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When firmware installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message and your phone will restart.
- Once you see the home screen, you can unplug your Samsung Galaxy S7.
That's it. Your Samsung Galaxy S7 is finally on the latest Android 7.0 Nougat firmware with January security patch level. Don't forget to let us know about your experience with Nougat.
- Battery drain? Check out our tips on how to fix battery issues on Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 edge. Overheating problems? We have got you covered.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter