Flash CyanideL Android 5.1.1 on Samsung Galaxy S3 – How to
One of the first custom ROMs to be updated on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is CyanideL custom firmware. The Android 5.1.1 ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3. Famous for its customization level and packed full of features, here is how to update Galaxy S3 to Lollipop 5.1.1 based custom ROM.
– Recommended: Some of the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Bugs and Fixes – Tips
CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop features:
- Gesture Anywhere
- Gesture Lockscreen
- Heads Up Notifications
- Shift Kernel by @rogersb11 built with Linaro
- Cyanide L Material Dark UI (Work in Progress)
- CustomToast, System, and ListView Animations
- Custom Power Menu Options
- Custom Quick Settings Tiles
- Colorized Statusbar Icon Options
- Colorized Notification Headers and Icons Options
- Screen Recorder
- Custom Navbar with custom actions and shorcuts
- Theme Engine
- PIE Controls (WIP)
- MIUI Style Custom Carrier Label in Statusbar
- Long Click Support in Statusbar Header
- Cyanide Dungeon
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 to Lollipop 5.1.1 ROM:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S3 to Lollipop 5.1.1 CyanideL ROM:
- Download CyanideL Android 5.1.1 for Galaxy S3 I747 and save it on your computer.
- Download GApps package. Do not extract the contents.
Now, here are the steps to update Galaxy S3 to Lollipop custom ROM:
- Connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the ROM file to your phone’s memory.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Next are the data wipe tasks: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the CyanideL Android 5.1.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.