Update Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 5.1 Based PAC-MAN – How to
Official Pac-Man custom firmware has now been released for Android 5.1 Lollipop. Packed with a ton of features, Pac-Man has always remained one of a favorite custom ROM. Here is how to update Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 5.1 Lollipop based Pac-Man.
- Recommended: Some of the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Bugs and Fixes - Tips
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 5.1 Lollipop:
- Backup any important data from your Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 as a complete wipe will be required during the flashing process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
- Your device must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to update Galaxy S3 I747 to Android 5.1 PAC-MAN:
- Connect Galaxy S3 to your computer using a USB cable and copy the zip file to your phone’s SD card.
- Disconnect the USB cord and power off your Galaxy S3.
- Boot it into recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons together.
- Perform a Nandroid backup of your current OS: Backup > backup and restore on ClockworkMod recovery.
- Wipe data task: from CWM recovery menu, select wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process. Then go on to wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- From recovery menu, select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the PAC-MAN Android 5.1 Lollipop custom firmware and confirm the flashing process.
- Return back to main recovery menu and reboot your AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 into the new custom ROM. First boot takes a good 5 minutes so please be patient.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.