World of Warcraft: Legion Hotfixes October 3rd; Changes To Emerald Nightmare, Mythic+ Dungeons & Some Class Tuning
Blizzard will be deploying another round of World of Warcraft: Legion hotfixes. Fixes include changes to the Emerald Nightmare raid, Mythic + dungeons, and some additional class tuning.
As always with hotfixes, some of them will take effect at the moment they were implemented, while others will go live during a scheduled realm restart (weekly maintenance). Some issues cannot be addressed without a client-side patch update.
WoW: Legion Hotfixes October 3rd
- Splitting Ice should now cause Glacial Ice to damage the secondary target for 80% of the damage dealt to the primary target, as intended.
- Stagger now delays 40% of damage taken (was 35%), and now quickly loses duration when out of combat.
- (Restoration) The Artifact trait Tidal Pools will now correctly heal all areas when multiple Tidal Pools are active at once.
- Shadowflame's damage over time can now critically strike.
- Shield Slam now generates 20 Rage (was 10).
- Ignore Pain’s maximum absorption has been reduced by 33%.
- Inspiring Presence no longer stacks on players who have multiple Warriors present.
Dungeons and Raids
(All dungeon and raid hotfixes will take effect with realm restarts in each region.)
- Black Rook Hold
- Mythic Keystone target time increased to 38 minutes (was 35 minutes).
- Eye of Azshara
- Mythic Keystone target time decreased to 35 minutes (was 36 minutes).
- Maw of Souls
- Mythic Keystone target time decreased to 24 minutes (was 25 minutes).
- Neltharion’s Lair
- Mythic Keystone target time decreased to 33 minutes (was 35 minutes).
- Emerald Nightmare
- Vantus Runes can now be used in Mythic Emerald Nightmare.
- On Mythic difficulty, Il’gynoth’s health has been increased by 200%, but loses one-third of that value each time the Eye of Il’gynoth is defeated.
- On Mythic difficulty, each Nightmare Explosion now deals 20% more damage to the Eye of Il’gynoth.
- Developers’ Notes: A common strategy for Mythic Il’gynoth involved using raid compositions that focus on maximizing burst damage to complete the encounter in a single phase. This approach removes huge portions of the encounter and can overly favor a specific set of classes and specializations, causing negative social pressures in groups that have yet to reach this encounter. These changes ensure that raid groups must enter Il’gynoth’s core twice in order to complete the encounter on Mythic difficulty, but offset that change by speeding up the process of destroying the Eye to shorten the overall length of the encounter.
- Crafted items that upgrade to epic quality should now disenchant into Leylight Shards or Chaos Crystals.
- Shaman Totems will no longer take unintended extra damage from players.
- Players are now able to turn in "Ritual Ruination" to Calydus in Dreadscar Rift if they don’t take the portal out of the scenario.
If you’re interested in earlier hotfixes, check out this post with contains hotfixes for September 26. The fixes apply for Legion version 7.0.3, which is currently live. Legion’s first patch, patch 7.1 “Return to Karazhan”, is currently live on the Public Test Realm. A new build for the PTR was deployed by Blizzard last week.