Warner Bros. Partners with IO Interactive; HITMAN: Definitive Edition Out in Retail Stores on May 18th
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and the independent Danish studio IO Interactive have entered a worldwide publishing and distribution agreement for HITMAN, as announced today via press release. As part of the agreement, HITMAN: Definitive Edition will be available in retail stores for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on May 18th.
David Haddad, President of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, said:
We’re very excited to be working with IO Interactive, a talented studio with a long-standing legacy creating the iconic HITMAN games. The passionate, global HITMAN community has embraced the recent return of the series, and we’re thrilled to bring the HITMAN: Definitive Edition to fans and new players next month.
Hakan Abrak, CEO of IO Interactive, added:
We’re super excited to be working with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on HITMAN and together releasing the HITMAN: Definitive Edition to new players. Working with a partner like WBIE means that the team at IOI can stay focused on what we’re good at, making games.
This edition will feature the following content (do note that a portion of add-on content won't be on the disc, thus requiring 12-24 GB of additional download depending on the platform).
- IO Interactive’s 20th Anniversary Outfit Bundle – Three new outfits inspired by Freedom Fighters, Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas
- HITMAN™ Season One (Main Game) – Seven exotic locations from the first season, including Paris, Sapienza, Marrakesh, Bangkok, Colorado and Hokkaido, along with the ICA Facility
- HITMAN™ Game of the Year Edition Content – Four missions from the Patient Zero Campaign, three themed Escalation Contracts that unlock three unique weapons, as well as the Clown Suit, Cowboy Suit and Raven Suit from the recent Game of the Year digital release
- HITMAN™ Summer Bonus Episode – Featuring ICA bonus missions in Sapienza and Marrakesh
- HITMAN™: Blood Money Requiem Pack – Including the Requiem Suit, Pale Duck Explosive and ICA Chrome Pistol
- All featured Contracts, Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and game updates from HITMAN™ Season One and the HITMAN™ Game of the Year Edition
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter