Update Nexus 10 to KTU84L Android 4.4.3 KitKat – How to
Google Nexus 10 was recently upgraded to the very latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat update. This guide will help you to manually update Nexus 10 to KTU84L Android 4.4.3 KitKat. You should have already received the official OTA Notification to update your Nexus to the KitKat 4.4.3 update. However, you can select to install it manually using this very easy tutorial that uses the official factory image to update Nexus 10 to KTU84L Android 4.4.3 official OS update.
Prerequisites to update Nexus 10 to KTU84L Android 4.4.3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Nexus device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- If you are going to root, make sure to have a custom recovery tool like CWM.
- Make sure that Fastboot is correctly configured on your computer.
- Ensure that your Nexus 10 carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: Follow this guide at your own risk; Wccftech and the author will not be responsible for any damage or data loss that may occur during the process.
How to update Nexus 10 to KTU84L Android 4.4.3 KitKat:
Required files: download Android 4.4.3 KitKat for your Nexus 10.
- Connect your Nexus 10 with PC.
- Power off and reboot your Nexus 10 in Bootloader or Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Up and Power buttons. You will see the Fastboot menu and START on the top.
- Extract the downloaded file on your computer. Go to the folder " mantaray-KTU84L" and copy / paste all the content to your Fastboot directory.
- From the factory image files in your Fastboot directory, do the following from your OS:
- Windows: Run flash-all.bat file.
- Mac: Run flash-all.sh file using Terminal.
- Linux: Run flash-all.sh file.
- That's it. The process will run for a few minutes. Once it's done, your Nexus 10 will reboot. First boot takes a good five minutes, so please be patient.
Hope you have been able to successfully update Nexus 10 to KTU84L Android 4.4.3 KitKat latest OS update!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter