How to Root and Update Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat KTU84P Official Update
Quite a few devices have received a surprising Android 4.4.4 KitKat update. From this lucky pool, Nexus 5 is one too. Here is a comprehensive guide to root and update Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat KTU84P official update manually. Android 4.4.4 is a major security update and is available over the air. However, you can choose to manually update and root your Nexus 5 on this latest update.
Prerequisites to root and update Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat KTU84P:
- Create a backup of all important data in your device.
- Download and install USB drivers for LG Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: do not try this tutorial if you aren't aware about rooting process and fixes. In any case, Wccftech will not be responsible of any damage to your device.
How to root and update Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.4 KTU84P:
- Connect your Nexus 5 with your computer using a USB cable.
- Power off and reboot your Nexus 5 in Bootloader / Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Volume Up and Power buttons. Use the Volume key to highlight Recovery Mode and use Power key to select it.
- Extract the downloaded factory image on your computer.
- Go to hammerhead-KTU84P and copy / paste all the files to your Fastboot directory.
- From the factory image on your computer, perform the following command depending on your OS:
- On Windows: Run flash-all.bat
- On Mac: Run flash-all.sh using Terminal
- On Linux: Run flash-all.sh
- This will start the update process. When done successfully, your Nexus 5 will reboot; first boot takes a good five minutes so be patient.
Ta da! Have fun with the new Android 4.4.4 KitKat update!
Root Nexus 5 Android 4.4.4 KitKat:
Required: Download Android SDK and Fastboot and extract Fastboot in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory; create it if you don't have it (skip this step if you have everything setup). Download the Chainfire root tool from this link on your computer.
- Connect your Nexus 5 to your PC using USB cable.
- Power off your Nexus 5.
- Boot in to Fastboot: use Volume down, Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously until you see the bootloader screen with START on top.
- Extract the downloaded file anywhere on your computer and go to that location.
- From the CF-Auto-Root files inFastboot directory, run the following command depending on your OS:
- Windows: run root-windows-bat
- OS X: chmod +x root-mac.sh
- Linux: chmod +x root-linux.sh
- The rooting process will start now and might take a while. When successfully done, your Nexus 5 will reboot.
Hope you have successfully managed to root and update Nexus 5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat latest official update.