Root Nexus 10 on Android 4.4.3 KTU84L & Install CWM – How to
Google Nexus 10 was recently upgraded to the very latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat update. We shared with you the steps to manually update Nexus 10 to KTU84L Android 4.4.3 KitKat. Here is how to root Nexus 10 on Android 4.4.3 KitKat and install ClockworkMod recovery on your tablet.
Prerequisites to root Nexus 10 on Android 4.4.3:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Nexus device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Nexus in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Your tablet should already be updated to Android 4.4.3, check this guide: Update Nexus 10 to KTU84L Android 4.4.3 KitKat
- Make sure that Fastboot is correctly configured on your computer.
- Ensure that your Nexus 10 carries more than 70% of charge.
Note: Follow this guide at your own risk; Wccftech and the author will not be responsible for any damage or data loss that may occur during the process.
How to root Nexus 10 on Android 4.4.3 KitKat:
Required files: download Android SDK for your Nexus 10; also download Fastboot from the following links:
Extract Fastboot in android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory. Download SuperSU v1.99 and copy it to your Nexus 10's sd card. Also download Recovery from this link and copy it to your tablet's SD Card.
- Power off and reboot your Nexus 10 in Fastboot mode by pressing and holding Volume Down and Power buttons.
- Go to the android-sdk-windows\platform-tools directory and open command prompt with Shift + Right-click > Open Command Prompt. Run the following command:
- fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-touch-184.108.40.206-manta.img
- When done, choose Recovery from the Fastboot menu and enter in Recovery.
- Select flash zip from SD card from the menu using Power key and then select choose zip from sd card.
- After the installation is completed successfully, go back and reboot system now.
- That's it. Your Nexus 10 should now be rooted on the very latest Android 4.4.3 KitKat.
Hope you have been able to successfully root Nexus 10 on Android 4.4.3 KitKat KTU84L.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter